Saturday, September 27, 2008

lorick lady II

Abigail Lorick has done it again. Her Spring'09 collection blew me away. It's the perfect blend of Upper East Side sophistication, timeless pieces, and personal flair. I love the earthy, pale tones, and the splashes of bright green, soft blues, and navy throughout the collection. The soft, feminine silhouettes are super flattering, and give a hint of old hollywood glamour to the looks. The Lorick Lady website has some amazing inspiration photos, like the one at left, featuring uber-fashionable ladies doing every day tasks in their Sunday best. One of my favorites is of one model in a green dress and gloves, reading from a mountain of books, like its no big thing.  I am also a fan of the styling of the models--in front of the deep purple curtain, the clothes just pop and shine. One of my favorites is of the older lady in a beautiful dress and fur capelet--it just shows how timeless the collection is. I can't wait to see if some of these pieces pop up on Gossip Girl this season!!! 

No comments: