Monday, April 26, 2010

broadway week: day 1 - american idiot

It's Broadway week! [At least on my blog and Live! with Regis and Kelly :)] I'm going to be showcasing fashion inspired by a lot of the shows currently on Broadway that I am in love with or dying to see [aaaand some of the same ones R&K pick, too!] 
Today's look is inspired by the new musical 'American Idiot.' This show looks beyond amazing. The entire score for the show is comprised of songs from Green Day's album of the same name, and a few tracks from their latest release, '21st Century Breakdown.' [side note: I always forget how much I like Green Day until I hear one of their songs and then I remember.] The look of the show is kind of grungy and dirty, but theres hidden elements of polish to it all, which is the look I tried to create with these pieces. And what good punk rock show doesn't require the perfect, smudgy, waterproof eyeliner?


1. leather pants - rag & bone
2. draped top - dolce vita
3. bracelet -METALSKIN
4. bracelet - low luv x erin wasson
5. bracelet - giles & brother
6. bracelet - gorjana
7. double ring - jules smith
10. plaid button down - bdg
11. waterproof eyeliner - smashbox

Here's a clip of John Gallagher Jr., Michael Esper, and Stark Sands singing 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' on Regis & Kelly this morning.

No comments: