Friday, July 11, 2008

bermuda, bahama, come on pretty mama...

Even though its the middle of summer, I'm dreaming of somewhere warm for the holidays. As much as I love fall/winter fashion, I had the midwest winters filled with snow, slush, and sub-zero temperatures--ick. But the Fashion World has unveiled their Resort 2009 collections, allowing me to daydream about fabulous fashions in warm locations--and give me inspiration for my own designs as well! My tastes for this season are all over the board, but most things have a commonality in the simplicity of the garments. These looks are very comfy and have a slightly casual element to them, whether they're for lounging on the back terrace or going out to the local cantina for a cocktail on the ocean-view patio. A lot of the looks could also be transitioned back into outfits that are office appropriate. I could have done another entire post on Rag & Bone, but i held back, showing one look at left, and another in my list of favs. They combined the perfect amount of slouch and structure, such as satiny pants with ties at the ankle, knit dresses, and skinny jeans, as well as sticking to darker colors, with pops of fun, like the red of this blazer to the left. But even their slouchier pieces had an element of tailoring to them, with everything hanging just-so away from the body. [ Can you tell I'm in love with this company? :) ]




Here are some of my favorite ensembles of the Resort 2009 collections [all images from style.com]

       

L-R: 3.1 Phillip Lim, ADAM, Alexander Wang

       

L-R: Balenciaga, Brian Reyes, Celine

      

L-R: Cynthia Rowley, Doo.Ri, Erin Fetherston

      

L-R: Jenny Kayne, Lucca, Louis Vuitton

      

L-R: Catherine Malandrino, Marchesa, Naeem Kahn

      

L-R: Zac Posen, Rag&Bone, Ralph Lauren

      

L-R: Stella, Temperley London, Tory Burch

      

L-R: Vena Cava, Vera Wang, Yigal Azrouel

No comments: