Tuesday, July 22, 2008

lorick lady

So it's nothing new that I'm o b s e s s e d with 'Gossip Girl'--clearly we've all seen that with my numerous previous posts on the subject. I can't help that I'm drawn to the preppy, chic, and always fabulous fashions these affluent Manhattan "teens" are continually styled in. One of my favorite episodes involves Blair and Serena assisting Blair's mother on a photo shoot for her clothing line, and ends with them stealing the clothes for their own personal fun around the UES! The clothes featured in that episode were so fun and fresh, but still had such a classic element to them--something I strive for in my own personal designs. So imagine my delight when I discovered that the Waldorf Designs line of clothing was available for purchase and I, too, could dress like my favorite Gossip Girl stars!! Now don't get Google-crazy, and start searching for it under that name, because it doesn't exist. What it really is, is the fabulous line from Abigail Lorick, simply titled "Lorick." However, this line was not created solely for the show. "I was friends with someone in the Gossip Girl wardrobe department. They knew that I was launching a collection and coincidently there was a character on the show who was a fashion designer. I showed them Lorick and they thought it would be a good fit for the line behind Eleanor Waldorf." She also has been quoted as saying "Blair definitely is a Lorick lady. That is our concept -- a contemporary, preppy chic classic line. The whole concept is bringing this modern elegance back to my generation of women. I'm hoping to inspire women to dress-up again, to wake up in the morning and throw the scarf on, wear gloves in the summer or pair a T-shirt with a full skirt. Women today don't embrace that excitement"  [source] I L O V E this philosophy for her collections! I love unexpected touches of glamour in fashion, and adding a personal twist to basics. I've posted some of my favorites from Lorick's Spring '08 collection. I love the use of the bright yellow in it. [yellow is quickly becoming my new favorite color] It brightens up the navy and helps tie in the prints. I am also in love with the orange shorts! They have a higher waist, without looking like "mom-pants," and the length and cut is perfection. And the high-waisted floral A-line skirt top right] is one I'm going to attempt making for myself for my friends wedding in August. I can't wait to see what lovely Lorick Lady fashions turn up on Gossip Girl next season!!!


      

      

    


No comments: