Wednesday, August 6, 2008

shut up and let me go...

Ever since Parry Farrell of Jane's Addiction revived Lollapalooza as a music festival based out of Chicago in 2005, I have wanted to attend. Sadly, its been 3 summers and I still have not made it. I have either not had the funds, the wheels, or the luck of being in the same geographic region while the 3-day fest is happening. I love music, almost as much as [maybe a little bit more than?] I love fashion...so that's a lot. I am a concert junkie. To me, there is nothing more exciting than seeing an artist live--especially when they turn out to be even better than they sound on the CD *cough*jasonmraz*cough* (: 
I am willing go to any concert. If there is a band you want to check out live, and need someone to go with, I'm your girl. If I get there and find out it's a band that growls and screams into the microphones, it might be a silent ride home, but I'll still try to make the most of it by finding something to do...like people watching, analyzing outfits, silently judging/envying fashion choices, etc... I am a big follower of the "fashion and music inspire each other" philosophy. I am continually finding inspiration for my designs in music and lyrics. I'd say 90% of my portfolio is heavily music inspired, maybe more. So, to my delight, Style.com posted some pictures of the fashionable attendees of Lollapalooza this past weekend. They featured some mid-west fashionistas, English hotties[including a gossip boy (; ], and all-around festival hipsters. I can't wait til the day I get to go, and can show off my own pics of the festival goers...so for now, enjoy what I found on the 'net.




the one in the high rise plaid pants? she played 'maeby' on arrested development...

red t-shirt female: cat power, red t-shirt male: mark ronson

starting at the 2nd pic in: daisy lowe, ed westwick[chuckbass!], ashlee simpson-wentz, pete wentz [and baby-to-be wentz!]

No comments: