Friday, December 2, 2011

Gift Guide: Day 5 - a.b.solutely fabulous

Here's the guide you've all been waiting for, my guide! For those of you familiar with my blog, you know my tastes are ecclectic and aaaalll over the place, so naturally my gift guide has a little bit of everything! Enjoy!


1. I am the girl who drinks iced coffee when it's 20 below zero. But I'm not too keen on paying for it at coffee shops, so this Bodum Bean Ice French Press ($33.30) is perfect for me, and naturally you need a quirky reusable tumbler ($11.95) to take it with you on the go. 

2. While my current apartment has no coffee table for me to display fancy books on, [or room for a coffee table, really] these two are top of my list anyway! I was beyond obsessed with the McQueen exhibit at the Met this summer, and drooled over this book  ($45) every time. I'm also a huge Gaga fan, and this collaboration ($50) between her and Terry Richardson is just gorgeous. 

3. I love a good headband, and this leather turban style from Ban.Do is perfect for casual or dressy occasions. ($65)

4. I've been obsessed with these Marc by Marc Jacobs zipper pull earrings for a couple years now, and they'd make a great stocking stuffer! ($58)

5. I love a fun USB flash drive, and I'm also love Pandas, so of course I'm all about this one. It would be great for my internship, because I'm always hopping around from computer to computer to work, and this would be so much easier than e-mailing myself everything. ($14)

6. I am *dying* for a more professional quality dress form. Once my sewing machine arrives in the city, this would come in handy for fitting and draping my projects. ($350)

7. This handmade journal would be great to keep my life organized. I'm not a typical day-planner person, but this would be more my speed. Plus, the journal is handcrafted by marginalized Muslim women in Northern India, made with 100% recycled cotton paper, and proceeds from this collection go to fund literacy programs for the women artisans and children in the community. Gifts that give back always make me feel extra happy. ($18)

8. For under $50, you can't beat this True Blood inspired Tarte Cosmetics lipstick. It's seriously the most perfect shade of red. ($24)

9. I'm a huge fan of Black Milk Clothing. This Australian label has some of the coolest and unique prints on their clothing. If I could only pick one piece to make mine, it would definitely be the Galaxy Leggings in Red, Purple, or Green. ($75.54)

10. Parks and Recreation is one of my favorite shows on television right now. It makes me cry with laughter every single week. Plus, I have a pretty big girl crush on Amy Poehler. Seasons 1, 2, and 3. ($20-$50)