Monday, December 29, 2008

pre-fall fabulousness...

In avoiding the nasty weather that living way, way, way up in northern Michigan brings from late September til mid-April, I found time to catch up on the pre-fall '09 collections. I love the mix of evening wear, summer seperates, fun sweaters, tights, and richer color palettes, and think a lot of these pieces could easily be incorporated into my mid-west weather late-winter/early spring wardrobe and carry me into summer as well. I also loved the pants in a lot of the collections, most had some kind of slim, skinny trouser, and others had the figure flattering relaxed fit, but my favorite were a pair of Alexander Wang pants that were full in the thigh, then got super skinny and scrunchy around the mid-calf. Diane von Furstenberg had some ridiculously comfy looking dresses and sweaters, and Nicole Miller related to that on the slightly boho-chic level. Zac Posen and J.Mendel brought it old-school Hollywood, Zac channeling the '40s, and J. channeling more of the '30s vibe. I tried to give a good overview of my favs, but  once again Rag & Bone won me over and I included nearly every look as my favorite, because I simply couldn't decide!!! :) Enjoy!








badgley mischka


burberry prorsum


doo.ri


diane von furstenberg


j. mendel


monique lhuillier


nicole miller



rag & bone


roberto cavalli


tory burch


alexander wang

zac posen

No comments: