Saturday, January 9, 2010

it's me, eloise

Style.com has featured "Lolita" inspired looks as a big trend for spring, meaning whimsical and child-like clothing will be taking over the streets once the snow melts. This is a trend I can get behind. I love the innocence of these looks, but the models still look so cool and chic. 






This got me thinking about children with great fashion, which lead me to the character of Eloise, the 6-year old who lived at the Plaza Hotel.





[image via urban tease]


Eloise and her signature look, along with her impish and playful personality has inspired many people, especially Betsey Johnson. Her Spring 2010 collection was chock full of looks for the young, and young at heart. The first look is Eloise perfection, and the whole collection is just so fun!






[images via style.com]


Elle magazine also got bit by the Eloise bug for their August issue. This spread is one of my favorite ever--when I saw it, I instantly knew it was getting torn out and put in one of my many inspiration notebooks, and it took everything in my power to not rip it out on the spot.










[images via elle]


After further digging, I discovered these gorgeous images of Betsey's Spring 2010 collection AT the plaza:



[images via fashion gone rogue]


Lastly, I was so inspired by all of this, that I had to make a quick little Polyvore set :)
eloise at the plaza

No comments: