Wednesday, January 6, 2010

a very gaga new year

Along with the rest of the world, I am still all about Lady Gaga. 
With the re-release of her smash album "The Fame," which now contains a second disc titled "The Fame Monster," she has solidified her place in pop music, as well as the fashion industry. I can't get enough of her quirky looks and techno beats, and I'm not the only one!


This artist from Beijing crafted Barbies to recreate some of her already iconic looks:


LOVE those tiny little Barbie versions of the Alexander McQueen shoes!! Where were those when I was younger?
(images via refinery 29)


I also noticed it in the department store windows while I was in NYC in December. These windows at Bergdorf Goodman were inspired by Lewis Carroll, but I couldn't help but see some of Gaga's influence in there, too.



And while Juicy Couture is not my personal favorite place to shop, I thought their 5th Ave store had fabulous windows for the holidays, that had a hint of Gaga's prowress thrown in.



And with Alexander McQueen outfitting her latest video, "Bad Romance," how could it be anything less than perfection?





Here's wishing you a very inspired New Year, Gaga or otherwise! :)

2 comments:

Crave said...

Love her too! Going to see her at Radio City on the 24th! Can't wait!

Lauren said...

Those Barbies are fab!