Wednesday, October 8, 2008

yes we can!

So I'm a sucker for fashion for causes, and as I've been saying the last few posts, my current cause is Voting. I was looking for some Barack Obama buttons on his web store, and discovered that a whole slew of designers had created some pretty awesome things to encourage people to VOTE [and to vote for change!] and I just had to share them :) First off, I loooove the tote bags--tote bags and handbags are one of my weaknesses, and there is a plethora of them on the web store. Second, I love that a lot of my favorite designers not only support voting, but aren't afraid to publicly endorse a candidate in a society that can be less than supportive of sharing opinions, yet use "free speech" as an excuse every chance they get, so kudos to that. I just wish I could more of these fantastic garments and accessories. I may just be sticking with a button and a sticker or two...



L-R: Tracy Reese, Vera Wang, Zac Posen


L-R: Diane Von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs, Narcisco Rodriguez

L-R: Proenza Schouler bracelet, Rag & Bone Tote

No comments: