Thursday, November 13, 2008

from russia with love...

While browsing the latest postings at one of my new favorite blogs, the Free People blog, I discovered these fabulous Russian matryoshka dolls, aka, Russian nesting dolls. But these aren't just any fabulous nesting dolls, these nesting dolls have been designed by some of the leading designers around the world, exclusively for Russian Vogue's 10th anniversary. To the left is the sleek and sassy Marc Jacobs matryoshka, and a slew of other well known designers/companies, including Gucci, Versace, Sonia Rykel, Marni, as well a few Russian designers, [that I'll admit, I've never heard of, but plan on looking into] created some of the cutest stacking dolls I've ever seen. I have a set of wooden matryoshka dolls that are unfinished, aka, blank canvas's, that I've never known what to paint on, although now I have a bunch of ideas!!  I also think I'll be looking around NYC when I'm there in February to see if I can find some inexpensive ones for my apartment--I'll especially be checking out the flea markets, they always have such great unique things[if anyone has any tips I'd greatly appreciate it!!!].  I think they'd make the cutest coffee table centerpieces, or bookshelf decorations. They'd also be pretty great conversation starters if needed. I couldn't pick my favorite, because I found them all that amazing and creative, that I decided to share them all with you!!! I hope you like them as much as I do!



L-R: konstantin gayday, martin maison margiela, j. mendel, marni

L-R: jitrois, moschino, gucci, nina donis
 

L-R: giles, oscar de la renta, dries van noten, paul smith


L-R: dolce & gabbana, prada, denis simachev, pucci

L-R: celine, ralph lauren, cavalli, sonia rykel


L-R: burberry, stella mccartney, blumarine, valentin yudashkin


L-R: armani, versace, antonio marras, yves saint laurent, andrey bartenev

No comments: