Friday, February 27, 2009

down the rabbit hole...

With all the buzz about Tim Burton's new live/cgi blend take on the classic children's tale "Alice in Wonderland," it felt fitting to do a post on Alice inspired fashion and accessories. I have always loved the colors in the Disney version of the film, and as long as I can remember, I've wanted an Alice-style dress with a white pinafore over it. Alice seems to be a popular theme running through designers, and instead of focusing entirely on how big names have interpreted and molded this story into their designs, I looked to Etsy for fun and interesting pieces. I was not disappointed. I found all kinds of jewelry that had really interesting uses of Alice as inspiration, including a tea party ring, which was my personal favorite, and some amazing charm bracelets that clearly merit the hefty price tag with the insane amounts of detail they have. I also recently started playing around on Polyvore and thought it would be fun to find some modern and funky pieces that I could see Alice wearing, if she wear a New York City socialite running around the city instead of Wonderland.




Charm Necklace




Rabbit Ring



kacchan

Alice Charm Bracelet, #1


poetsummer

Alice Charm Bracelet, #2



poetsummer also...

down the rabbit hole

No comments: