Tuesday, February 17, 2009

fall fashion week '09 - I

Mercedes Benz Fall Fashion Week '09 is upon us at last! Designers began showing their collections on Friday, Feb. 13th, and while the tents in Bryant Park still seem to be the popular location [and sadly, this is the last year its being held in Bryant Park] some designers chose to pare down their collections and presentation styles, and held their unveilings in the comforts of their homes, showrooms, flagships, and even the basement of a church! I was in NYC the weekend of the 5th, and got to see the crews hard at work setting up the tents. I finally get how the fit all those tents and all those shows into that small space. I wish I got a picture of the signs they had up, but they said something to the effect of "Pardon our appearance while we continue to make NYC the Fashion capitol of the world." :) I've noticed black and grey are popular colors again for fall, and splashes of brights continue to make their impact. Feminine, yet tailored silhouettes also seem to be sprouting up on the runways. Here are my favorites thus far.



Abaete








Alexander Wang

I love the leather jackets! I'm not so sure about all the bike shorts I saw though...




Barbara Tfank

This collection had a little bit of spunk mixed with a little bit of 'Big Love,' my new favorite show!



BCBG Max Azria



Betsey Johnson

I love the whimsy and fun in this collection!






Bibhu Mohapatra



Boy by Band of Outsiders





Chris Benz

the monochromatic looks in this collections are fabulous!



Christian Costa

I love the petal skirt! It's making a big comeback!



Costello Tagliapietra



Cynthia Rowley
I love her take on the petal skirt, and the bursts of color!





Elise Overland


Hutson


Jason Wu

LOVE the colors used in this collection





Jenni Kayne

i love the nerd-chic frames they stuck on these models





Koi Suwannagate

Beautiful draping, and fun accents





Lutz & Patmos

Comfy & classy loungewear, Blair Waldorf should approve...





Lyn Devon





Marc Jacobs


His 80s prom vibe could work well off the runway if integrated properly into Fall wardrobes...





Organic by John Patrick






Peter Som

I love the mixing of prints in this collection






Rag & Bone


my love affair with them continues...







Tracy Reese

This is my favorite collection of hers, i think :)







William Rast


Justin Timberlake continues to impress me...





1 comment:

Lauren said...

Great recap! Ugh, I get too overwhelmed to do fashion week posts. I loved the Tracey Reese collection so much!