Wednesday, February 25, 2009

spring{break}


My last semester of college is well underway, and its almost time for Spring Break. I am not doing anything exciting, or at least exciting sounding, this year, but I'm hoping to get a lot of sewing and portfolio and job hunting things taken care of while I'm in the U.P. That being said, this spread from the March '09 issue of Seventeen Magazine makes me wish I was going somewhere sunny and warm. One, I can't take another minute of winter, and two, I love every single look created in these pictures. The laid back silhouttes, bright colors, boho elements [without looking unshowered!], breezy accessories, the list goes on and on. I am especially digging the shoes in the picture to the left, I invested in a similar pair at Forever 21 a couple weeks ago, and I am patiently waiting for the weather to improve so I can wear them everywhere. I love the color combos in these photos, too. The bold colors, mixed with some pale, almost muted, tones create a great balance of fun and flirt, and keeps things playful without looking too over the top or crazy. I will continue counting down the days til I can start wearing dresses without worrying about tights, and hope it happens sooner rather than later...












No comments: