Monday, November 28, 2011

Gift Guide: Day 1 - DeSmitten

This week, I was invited to participate in a Holiday Gift Guide round-robin of sorts, by some pretty fabulous bloggers. Each day I'll be sharing one of their wish lists, and reveal mine Friday! Although, if you just can't wait, I'll let you know which blog has mine up currently ;) [today? I'm over on Undeclared Panache.]

First up is the amazingly talented Christina, over at DeSmitten. She's always on the pulse of the latest trends, and has one of the most glamorous, chic blogs I know. Here's her amazing wishlist!





1. French Vogue's former editor, Carine Roitfeld came out with a book filled with her editorials, showcasing her eccentric styling. Irreverent  ($62) is inspiration for every fashionista!
2. I recently broke our digital camera, so we are in dire need of a new one! The Nikon Coolpix S8100 ($280) is small and has a great zoom lens.
3. I've been obsessed with Hugo Guinness's sketches for years! I would love either print, Briefs or Eyeglasses ($275 each)... Simple prints that make great conversational pieces.
4. Recently I am craving a warm throw to have on the sofa. I love this navy graphic throw ($195) from Haus Interior. Made from combed cotton, it is great for all seasons!
5. One to kill every living thing in our apartment (except the cat!), I have faith in this hanging cacti terrarium ($160), from Score and Solder...it is artistic and hopefully kill-proof!
6. On the search for an everyday face wash that isn't too harsh for my sensitive skin, this Fresh Soy Face Cleanser ($15) sounds perfect!
7. Always keeping my eye open for the perfect vintage silk robe to wear while getting ready, this 1950's Kimono ($85) is perfect!
8. This cashmere scarf ($340) from A Peach Treaty, creates employment for skilled artisans working in socio-political strife around the world. It is also a great accessory with neutral colors and prints to go with any winter coat you wear this year!
9. Our apartment has electric heat=very expensive, so we keep the apartment at a cool 58 degrees all winter long. These adorably warm Rachel Comey Bunny Slippers ($290) may be expensive, but are indeed built to last. And they are made from humanely found baby alpaca fur! Fun fact- Alpaca is one of the most sustainable fibers in the world!
10. After using a very cheap set of pots and pans for the past few years, it is time for an upgrade! Le Creuset set in Black Onyx ($580) would be the ultimate in Christmas gifts, or at least one piece would be a good start!

No comments: