Friday, August 14, 2009

turn on, tune in, drop out...

Today marks the 40th anniversary of the start of the Woodstock music festival. This 3-day festival of peace and music was one of the defining moments in American history. I really wanted to make a trip to Bethel, NY this summer to check out the area, but alas, that didn't happen. But I will be watching vh1 classics all weekend--they'll be airing films and documentaries about this historic event. Hopefully you're lucky enough to be able to do the same. The 60's counter-culture movement are a big source of inspiration for me, so I've put together an inspiration board for this weekend. I've also posted a trailer for 'Taking Woodstock,' a movie about the man who made the festival happen, which comes out August 28th.






Have an amazing weekend. Let the sun shine in. Celebrate peace and loveY

No comments: