Tuesday, May 5, 2009

model as muse...

One of the biggest nights in Fashion was held last night, and the attendees certainly didn't disappoint! The Annual Met Costume Institute Ball/Gala, which kicks off the summer Costume Institute Exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, was hosted by Anna Wintour, Justin Timberlake {!?!} and main donor of the exhibit, Marc Jacobs. The new exhibit is titled "Model as Muse" which I find interesting, not only because I'm curious to see what it all really means, but because the s.a.d.a. Annual Fashion Show theme for '08 was "Muse." There were some interesting looks, some smashing hits, and some even worse misses. I love Anne Hathaway, and though it almost doesn't look like her in the photo to the left, I think she looks stunning. Leighton Meester took one of the biggest risks, in my opinion, and I think it paid off--something no one is used to seeing her in, so different than anything Blair Waldor would wear! Newcomers to the event, Katy Perry & Emma Roberts both made fairly strong showings in their looks--not too shabby for their first Met Ball.  I thought the Olsen Twins also looked pretty good, Ashley went chic-sophisticate, while MK went for a more twisted-glam look. Chanel Iman's Zac Posen animal print gown was amazing, as was Heidi Klum's J. Mendel maternity/ball gown. I got these images from Style.com, which sadly didn't have any pics of Rhianna's gender-bending D&G suit, but I'm on the look out for more, so keep your eyes on this blog for a follow-up post! Hopefully one day, I will be attending this fabulous night of Fashion!

No comments: