Wednesday, May 6, 2009

mr. larkin

Today while browsing around StyleCaster, I stumbled across an article on Mr.Larkin, an eco-friendly design company based out of San Francisco. Designed by Casey Larkin, the collection for Spring '09 features organic fabrics, and pastel fabrics--which were dyed using vegetables from local grocery stores! They also have recycled trims incorporated, like metallic paillettes from the 1930s, and bugle beads from the 1950s. The website featured this beautiful inspiration board, shown at left, which really helps convey the collection, although, the clothes really speak for themselves.  I love the breezy silhouettes, the simplistic styles, and all the feminine touches each piece has. The styling of the photos is fantastic, as well. The colors and locations really compliment and enhance everything in the garments. My favorites are the rompers, and the long dress with the metallic paillettes down the front. Faboosh! These images really make me want to make some breezy, casual summer pieces...hm. I am done with college, and have lots of free time on my hands!! :)















No comments: