Friday, June 12, 2009

still more 2010 resort

Another round of 2010 Resort fashion has been posted to Style.com, and I like what I've seen. Derek Lam's collection is one of my favorites in this recent group, seen left. I love the use of color and patterns in the textiles, and I love the peplums on a lot of the tops. It's a little bit 80's, but still chic and modern. The thing I love about the Resort collections is they cover every corner of the spectrum--shorts, pants, jackets, day dresses, evening gowns, everything! In looking at my own designs, most of my collections would probably be cateogorized as "Resort" because I do like including a little bit of everything, as opposed to making things strictly for, say, 'Winter.'  But, thats beside the point. Here are a sampling of the most recent collections...













Derek Lam




Collette Dinnigan



Douglas Hannant




Jonathan Saunders



Nicole Miller


No comments: